Pixar’s latest short is more than just a fun viewing experience welcome to FilmyGeek and today we’re counting down our picks for the top 5 facts about the pearl Pixar short. For this list, we’re looking at everything you need to know about this much talked about the short film.
1. It’s part of a series. Is actually not part of the regular slate of Pixar shorts being the first release and a new series called spark shorts the concept is that Pixar employees get 6 months and a small budget and are able to let their creativity run loose without the constraints of a more standard production these are really personal stories the end result is something that’s outside the box and looks different from what we’ve come to expect from the studio so that’s why we come to structure it’s not just Pixar we want to discover that new creative spark and it allows us to start thinking about the future storytellers the future directors the future producers who are the other shorts in the series include smash and grab and kickball and there are several more scheduled to be released on Disney plus later in 2019.
2. The voice of pearl has given voice to other Pixar characters thanks I think it’s unbelievable that I’m really here if you feel like pearls voice sounds familiar then we challenge you to identify the other Pixar characters. who share it you have to be a pretty serious band to figure this one out so we’re going to tell you Brad Parker is an animator and voice actor working with Pixar was given voice to characters like babysitter care McKean in the Incredibles and the subsequent short film Jack-Jack attack good.
Fine I. She also played the trailer mom and Monsters Inc. Animation work can be found in both films as well as in brave ready to leave a bug’s life and many more.
3. Y. yard I get asked that question a lot after you figure out what the message behind the short film is you may wonder why the creator decided to portray her protagonist as a ball of yarn rather than say an actual human being considering that all of the other office workers are human pearl stands out even more because of her warm and fuzzy qualities and so I really got into this idea of guarding this thing that could change itself writer and director Kristin Lester says that she was inspired by her own hobby of yarn bombing the type of street art that involves displaying knitting and crocheting projects in a public setting often with social and political intentions why do spiders weave web I don’t know.
4. It’s about workplace sexism it’s entry-level but your resume was by far the strongest I’m sure you’ll fit right in. So it’s pretty clear if you watch the film pros feelings as an outsider at her new job are representative of the more universal issue of workplace sexism they hired a. Mashable writer promo codes like called it to quote a transparent allegory for women trying to break the glass ceiling in corporate culture. Let’s bring financing and our strategies to get what. Now you’re being too soft we got to be a great yeah we got the feminist message is pretty overt but it’s also about diversity in general once the office environment changes there are also people of colour among the businesses employees fast company’s Casey a fine even went as far as saying that pearl should quote the new workplace sensitivity training video for certain startups and corporations Hey that’s not a bad idea.
5. It’s inspired by the creators own experience in order to do the thing that I loved I sort of became one of the guy’s pearl tells an all too familiar story and it probably comes to an as little surprise to learn that writer and director Kristin Lester created the short based on her own experiences Hey guys like.
In a behind the scenes video she details her sources of inspiration which also include eighties films like working girl and 9 to 5 Hey we’ve come this far haven’t re this is just the beginning and here’s to them again.
Anyone who’s been following pics are in the news will know that the company hasn’t been unscathed by me too movement with executive producer John Lasseter leaving the company after allegations of sexual misconduct it’s fitting then that pearl takes Pixar’s animation in a fantastic new direction leaving us with high hopes for the future of the series and the company.